Maintenance Technician - 025/2017
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
- N6 electrical engineering and trade tested Instrumentation or N Diploma or higher with 3 years minimum instrumentation experience.
- Knowledge of OSH Act as it pertains to electrical safety.
- At least 3 years experience in a PLC and SCADA system programming.
- Understanding of engineering principles.
- At least 3 years work experience in a process and/or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read Piping and Instrumentation drawings
- Report writing skills
- Project and investigation work
- Exposure to Process Automation Systems
- Knowledge of SAP PM or similar will be an added advantage
- GMP exposure is preferred
- Experience in refrigeration and HVAC will be an added advantage
Specific Operational Requirements
- Must have own transport and be available for standby
- The successful candidate may be required to work overtime to meet the business needs
- Must be prepared to work shifts when required to support production.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure continued operation of the plant equipment
- Evaluate and facilitate repairs of plant equipment and identify actions to prevent recurrences
- Be part of the on call team responsible for breakdowns after hours
- Stock Control
- Provide first line training to operators
- Commissioning unit operations
- Lead and support project work
- Electrical Maintenance expertise, control and instrumentation implementation.
- Problem Solving and aligning of resources to needs
- Accepting accountability, clear decision making and communication
- Customer service mind-set
- Cold chain management
- Ability to operate plant equipment safety
- Customer Focus
- Can work both independently and in a team
- Technical writing and good oral communication skills
- Project management
- Engineering professionalism