Information Management Officer - 005/2018
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
Employment TypeFull time
DepartmentRegulatory and Clinical Affairs
- Accredited qualification in library and information management.
- At least 4 years in an information management role in a regulated health, scientific or related environment with:
- A good understanding of principles, concepts and international best practice of information and records management, library policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards.
- Working with electronic information, especially online databases, content management systems, open and closed access and digital resources, as well as traditional library materials, systems and databases.
- Established research and analytical skills within an information management context using information gathering systems and methods, information resources of the Internet and other electronic databases.
- Practical experience in the development, use and administration of electronic document management systems for record keeping including the creation, maintenance, storage, archiving and retrieval of information and files.
- Well- developed computing literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) and numeracy skills in an administrative environment, demonstrating an attention to detail and a commitment to high work standards.
- Developed skills in managing multiple conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Proven capability to work independently, in addition to having a pro- active and constructive approach to working as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to show initiative in planning and developing new ideas and approaches, and to implement and communicate change effectively.
- A first degree/educational background in health/science is preferable.
- Training and experience in knowledge management would be an added advantage.
Specific Operational Requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour day between 08h00 to 16h00.
- The successful candidate may be required to work overtime to meet the business needs.
Key Performance Areas
- Information Resource Service
- Information Systems Management
- Administration and Support
- Research and organisation
- Communication (written, verbal, listening)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving
- Time management
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Sound work ethics
- Initiative and planning