About the role
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction and management of NBI thus ensuring the financial wellbeing of the company.
- To proactively direct and manage the commercial activities of the company and advise the CEO and Senior Management Team on the financial aspects of the companys operations.
- Oversee the management of IT and Supply Chain Management to ensure good integration and coordination with the NBI strategic objectives.
- To participate as a member of the Senior Management Team and contribute to NBIs strategic and operational performance.
- Knowledge of South African Tax legislation
- Advanced knowledge of SAP preferable
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Applications with advanced Excel skills
- A minimum of 5 years' managerial experience in a senior role.
- Proven experience in a similar financial leadership role
Specific Operational Requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour day between 08h00 to 16h00 and may be required to work overtime to meet the business needs
Key Performance Areas
- Company Strategy
- Participate in the NBI strategic process and advise on financial implications of strategic alternatives
- Financial Strategy
- Formulate NBI Financial strategy in line with NBI Strategic Plan to optimize NBIs financial resources and sustainability
- Develop and implement appropriate financial policies, procedures and metrics
- Actively participate in Substantive Negotiations
- Staff Management
- Aligning and setting divisional, departmental and individual objectives in order to meet financial objectives.
- The effective management, training and development of staff
- Management Accounting
- Review and approve monthly Finance reports on management accounts. Monitoring and reporting on business performance and general ledger reconciliations
- Financial Control/Treasury Management
- Authorisation of creditor and payroll expenses
- Approving of customer credit limits, including credit management in the event of non-payment by customers.
- Monitor cash flows on a regular basis and prepare cash forecasts in order to ensure adequate business working capital requirements
- Ensure banking facilities offered meet the business needs and manage investments where necessary.
- Evaluation and approval of capital expenditure, including advising on financing decisions to optimise cash flow and returns
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Formulate NBIs SCM Strategy in line with NBI strategic plan to optimize NBIs resources and sustainability and ensure the integration and functioning of good supply chain management practice
- Information Technology (IT)
- Formulate IT strategy and represent Information Technology governance to the NBI Board as implemented at NBI.
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Evaluate and review NBI insurance cover to ensure adequate cover for all classes of assets, NBI employees and Public liability.
- Advise CEO and NBI Management of financial impact of non-financial business risks that have been identified.
- Evaluate impact of changes in accounting, tax and other practices on NBI and its financial performance.
- Generating, evaluating and implementing actions to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and Best Practice, including but not limited to IFRS, the Income Tax Act, the Non-Profit Organizations Act, BBBEE, Labour Relations Act, and VAT Act.
- Business Plans and Company Budget
- Prepare medium- and long-term business plans for NBI in keeping with NBIs strategic plans as amended
- Ensure compliance with all SARS regulations
- Strong communication
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and organizing
- Negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Responsible and accountable
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment
- Commercial acumen
- Demonstrates Company Culture and Values