Applications accepted until:
- Engineering N6 or S4 electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 2 years spare parts room experience or as a maintenance artisan in a manufacturing facility.
- Incumbent must possess strong communication, organisational, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail, self-motivated and able to work well without direct supervision.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced high activity environment.
- Experience in maintenance management system e.g. SAP PM or TPM or similar.
- Understanding of engineering principles.
- Proficiency in the use of CMMS software is highly preferred.
- Able to operate a forklift. Forklift certification preferred.
- Computer literate in Word and Excel - Computerized Maintenance System experience strongly preferred.
- Hands on maintenance experience
- Planning and organising of resources for shutdown and planned maintenance activities.
- GMP exposure preferred.
Specific Operational Requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour day between 06h00 to 18h00 as rostered
- The successful candidate may be required to work overtime to meet the business needs
Key Performance Areas
- Purchasing Timely ordering of spares
- Inventory Appropriate spares management and availability of critical spares
- Data entry All spare parts entered on SAP
- Maintenance Planning and co-ordination within defined time frames
- Stock control Zero stock outages
- Work planning Plan parts for shutdown and planned stoppages
- Understanding and identifying of engineering parts
- Understanding of planned maintenance.
- Controlling of inventory.
- Seeing, listening, speaking, writing, grasping, lifting, standing, sitting and climbing.
- Must be able to lift up routinely up to 30 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job includes close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have excellent time management skills.