- BSc in the Engineering or Life Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in a manufacturing environment
- MBA adds value but only if coupled with experience
- GMP manufacturing experience preferred
Specific Operational Requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour day between 08h00 to 16h00
- The successful candidate may be required to work overtime to meet the business needs
- The successful candidate must be prepared to work shifts when needed.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake travel within South Africa and spend time away from home
Specific SHE Requirements
- Pre-employment, routine and exit medicals are compulsory due to the nature of the business.
- SHE Related training is mandatory to attend
- Adherence to SHE Instructions (Waste Segregation, Water and Energy Saving Initiatives)
- Compliance to SHE Site Rules is compulsory
- NBI uses hazardous and biologically active chemicals, the successful candidate will be required to use proper PPE and will go through medical examinations as per OSH Act requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Meets production targets.
- Manages production resources to minimize errors in manufacturing and streamlines workflow within the Department.
- Ensures compliance with GMP and other relevant legislation
- Cost Centre Management by preparing reports and yearly budget in consultation with the Division Head
- Organizational Development
- Ensure compliance with the OSH Act
- Manufacturing management in a process environment
- GMP Compliance the ten principles in action
- Can apply process science problem solving skills in a manufacturing environment including robust level of statistical and numerical methods in the analysis of manufacturing and process data
- Interpersonal skills base; appropriate to both a union shop floor environment and interaction with senior management
- Conflict resolution; negotiation; partnership building and influencing others
- Quality focus that includes balanced risk and change management
- Can work independently and seek peer review when needed
- Written and oral communication skills adequate for technically sound reports, oral presentations and effective interaction in formal and informal management forums and staff meetings