DepartmentResponsible Pharmacist Office
- Registered Pharmacist (SAPC)
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Knowledge of GMP principles
- At least 2 years working experience
- Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment will be an advantage
- SAP experience preferable
- Supervisory experience preferable
Specific Operational Requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour day, split day shift, between 06h00 to 18h00, as rostered
- The successful candidate may be required to work overtime to meet the business needs
Key Performance Areas
- Supervision of manufacturing dispensaries
- Plan and oversee all dispensary activities and perform pharmacist authorisations in accordance with relevant SOPs
- Accurate and timely issue of dispensed material to manufacturing as per the Production Plan.
- Compile, review and update all dispensary related SOPs, as required.
- Ensure the effective control of all materials in the dispensaries, including intermediate and ABI freezers
- Overseeing and planning all dispensary activities and performing pharmacist authorisations in accordance with relevant SOPs
- Line clearance (opening and closing) and verification/authorization of dispensed materials (identification, mass/volume, batch, issues) against SAP documentation
- Implement and maintain formal procedures and practices for inventory storage, handling and movement, which are consistent with cGMP and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Restrict access to inventory storage areas to authorised personnel only
- Maintain minimum and maximum stock levels in the dispensary
- Audit material movement transactions against actual to ensure correctness of captured data
- Initiate and maintain ongoing cycle counting, monthly stock checks to identify and rectify stock variances
- Oversee biannual stock takes, as per NBI policy
- Investigate and establish causes for stock variances
- Submit Shift-Handover Reports to ORP and Manufacturing at the end of each production shift
- Perform pharmacist authorisations in manufacturing operations, when required
- Perform pharmacist authorisations in manufacturing (ABI, Pharmaceutical, Packing, Plasma Caging), when required in accordance with relevant SOPs, and as per roster/schedule.
- Audit manufacturing documents, when required.
- Dispensary staff supervision, training & development
- Ensure compliance of staff to conditions of employment, company policies and departmental SOPs.
- Ensure that staff in the department are competent in their respective jobs with ongoing attention to training.
- Pre-approval of leave of dispensary staff
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practice, OHS Act and other legislation
- Work within the department to follow SOPs.
- Work within the department to assess and recommend methods for improving quality.
- Report and address all dispensary related problems, queries and non-conformances timeously.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Champion compliance on a daily basis as a corporate lifestyle and standard approach to daily work.
- Adhere to Department of Labour regulations concerning standby, call-out, overtime and hours of employment.
- Ensure compliance with the OHS Act
- Precision & Accuracy
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Analysis and Problem solving
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Leadership and staff development
- Translation of production plans to raw material requirements
- Setting and monitoring individual and departmental objectives and performance measures