- B Sc. (Pharm) / B Pharm or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in marketing or communications (preferable)
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Preferably at least 1 years experience in a sales, product management, branding or advertising role
Specific Operational Requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to work an 8-hour day between 08h00 to 16h00.
- The successful candidate may be required to work outside of normal working hours to meet the business needs
In line with the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Due to the nature of the business, pre-employment, routine and exit medical examinations are compulsory.
All personal information received will be processed in accordance with The Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 OF 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates meeting the minimum requirements. To apply for this position, please click here https://nbi-sa.jonti2.co.za/.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful
Key Performance Areas
Develop marketing materials that adhere to all regulatory requirements whilst ensuring they are of maximum benefit to the sales team.
- Develops product leave behinds, detail aids for use by sales team in accordance with defined brief
- Identifies and selects relevant literature to be used as references for promotional material or training material for sales team
- Arranges printing quotations and overseas the production and receipt of printed marketing materials
- Identifies promotional items for use as give-aways by the sales team, ensuring that the items are consistent with the Marketing Code
- Co-ordinate distribution of promotional material to sales team
- Close liaison with the sales team to assess customer response to promotional material and to ensure that the printed promotional material is being used optimally
Translate corporate brand and product brand objectives into brand strategies
- Develops annual plan of brand activities
- Generates creative ideas to create, build and enhance product brands
- Identifies potential opportunities for brand awareness/promotion and makes recommendations to marketing manager.
- Ensures all elements of the product are consistent with the brand
- Suggests new content for NBI website. Develops copy for inclusion on website
- Provides input into annual Marketing Plan
Monitor market trends and competitor activities
- Analysis of sales, competitor activities, sales team reports/notes to ensure continued understanding of the market and customers needs
- Researches and reports on local and international industry trends and their impact on NBI markets
- Keeping abreast of treatment trends, clinical trials and publications and reporting on those which may impact on the usage of NBI products.
- Research local and international markets, disease trends and customer needs.
- Evaluate brand strength in the marketplace to identify opportunities and threats by reviewing print media, competitive intelligence, sales team monthly reports, and attendance of Quarterly Marketing Meetings.
- Identifies the need for market research and makes recommendations to Marketing Manager
Training of Sales Team
- Plans and performs quarterly training for the sales team on the effective usage of promotional aids.
- Adhoc in-field visits with sales team to observe usage of materials
- Provides telephonic support and assistance to sales team with respect to promotion/detailing of NBI products
Internal corporate branding
- Prepares copy for inclusion in staff newsletter
- Develops annual plan of activities to strengthen the corporate brand (internal)
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Customer Satisfaction