Employment Type2 Year Fixed Term Contract
- BSc Honours Degree in Medical Biochemistry or Cell Biology or equivalent
- 2-3 years cell / tissue culture experience
Specific Operational Requirements
- The successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour day between 08h00 to 16h00.
- The successful candidate may be required to work outside of normal working hours to meet the business needs
In line with the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Due to the nature of the business, pre-employment, routine and exit medical examinations are compulsory.
All personal information received will be processed in accordance with The Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 OF 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates meeting the minimum requirements. To apply for this position, please click here https://nbi-sa.jonti2.co.za/.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful
Key Performance Areas
Organises and executes activities of the Hybridoma laboratory
- Culture specific monoclonal antibodies for research and commercial purposes
- Interpreting and reporting results to the Head of Hybridoma
- Maintaining an onsite cryogenic repository of Hybridoma clones that produce saleable mAbs.
- Maintaining an external / off-site cryogenic repository of Hybridoma clones.
- Liase with Section Head: Hybridoma, to culture the appropriate Hybridoma cell line for the agreed time period to meet the projected sales forecast.
- Liase with Section Head: Hybridoma to determine the number of mice to be injected with each cell line and the time period over which to inject these mice to obtain sufficient levels of ascitic fluid to meet projected sales forecast and address shortfalls in ascitic fluid stock levels.
- Recording of all procedure records on SAP and record sheets.
Perform ELISA experiments
- Performs ELISAs for research and diagnostic purposes.
- Interpreting and reporting of results to Head: Hybridoma.
- Records and analyses experiment results.
- Prepare technical reports and summaries
- Assist in product development.
- Trouble shoot and find solutions to experimental problems.
- Review experimental results ensuring effective analysis of data.
Lab resourcing and maintenance
- Maintain inventory of laboratory for Hybridoma orders.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Ensures that all equipment is properly commissioned by service provider prior to initial use.
- Monitors compliance according to ISO13485 standards.
- Manages lab equipment, cleanliness and stock levels.
- Performs limited trouble shooting of instruments.
- Facilitates the general housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Technical knowledge and skills
- Decision making
- Planning and Organising
- Initiating work
- Experience in in vitro cell culture or Hybridoma work, immunoassays, designing and trouble-shooting ELISAs
- Basic knowledge of quality systems