- Bachelors degree (preferable in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or equivalent)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Five (5) years working experience in a support role in an executive office
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) skills
- Knowledge of SAP preferable
- Member of Chartered Secretaries of Southern Africa preferable
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Specific Operational Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to work:
- An 8 hour day between 08h00 to 16h00
- May be required to work overtime to meet the business needs
- Must be prepared to work shifts when needed
Key Performance Areas
Facilitate Corporate Initiatives
- Coordination of regular feedback or reporting sessions for the CEO.
- Identify corporate initiatives together with the CEO.
- Drive initiatives including escalating concerning issues to CEO or relevant division within the organisation.
- Plan & design initiatives/programmes and proactively monitor overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Develops, assists and oversees CEO related communications including effectiveness of communication.
- Compiles CEO quarterly report to the Board.
- Evaluate, develop and improve communication tools, methods and best practices to be used for CEO/corporate communication.
- Ensures timely requests and compilation of reports from prescribed contributors.
Stakeholder Engagement and Events Management
- Proactively engaging stakeholders to fulfil a business need identified in collaboration with the CEO to completion.
- Manage, builds and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve business goals.
- Manage internal stakeholder engagement related functions and liaise with other functional leads.
- Responsible for managing corporate events calendar in collaboration with HR to ensure integration into the NBI strategy.
- Plans logistics and manages overall coordination of various activities related to the CEO in order to deliver on events and related communications.
Executive Office Management
- Develop, monitor and report on financial effectiveness of the Office of the CEO and inform the CEO of any possible deviations, causes and remediation.
- Take personal accountability for resolving queries lodged with the Office of the CEO, and feedback to the CEO upon resolution.
- Act as initial point of contact for escalated internal customer queries and for queries from other external stakeholders.
- Evaluate correspondence and communication prior to it being reviewed by the CEO, and draft responses where appropriate.
- Analyse, interpret and deliver relevant information to the CEO.
- Interface with the executives direct reports and resolve issues Advise the CEO on ongoing issues and programmes including preparation of reports for analysis and action by CEO
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate high level of customer response.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of maturity and ability to work independently intuitive with solid judgment skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to create value proactively and consistently
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Organisation and Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ethics Integrity and Professionalism
- Planning and Coordination
- Problem Solving, Decision Making and Results Orientation
- Report Writing
- Collaboration/Team Work