- Grade 12 (Matric) pass with minimum D symbol in English and minimum D symbol in Mathematics, Science, Biology or EMS.
- 1-2 years experience in a pharmaceutical, chemical, biotechnology or food manufacturing or laboratory environment.
If you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Specific Operational Requirements
- he successful candidate will be required to work a 12 hour night shift between 18h00 to 06h00 as rostered.
- The successful candidate may be required to work overtime to meet business needs.
Key Performance Areas
Assist with the production of coagulation factors and final products
- Works with team members to prepare equipment by cleaning and sterilising as required.
- Take samples for QC/QA as per protocol.
- Operation of machinery and equipment as required.
Assist with the completion of documentation
- Works with team members to complete written documentation as required by protocols and SOPs.
- Monitor equipment performance.
- Assist with calibration equipment.
- Works with team members to conduct first-line maintenance of equipment.
Comply with Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Works with team members to execute SOPs and protocols to prepare, fill, freeze dry, cap, code and label ampoules, vials and bottles.
- Works with team members to execute SOPs and protocols, utilising the techniques of precipitation, centrifugation, inactivation, fractionation & chromatography.
- Carry out environmental monitoring as required.
- Use appropriate packaging for storage of in-process materials.
- Disposal of waste products according to SOPs.
- Works with team members to assess and recommend methods for improving quality.
- Ensure manufacturing areas are clean and tidy.
- Attend training courses as required.
Comply with the OHS act
- Work in a safe manner under the indirect supervision of team members.
- Wear appropriate PPE.
- Act as a Safety Representative, Evacuation Team Leader or First-Aider as required.
- Customer focus
- Problem solving/Analytical thinking
- Accuracy/Attention to detail
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Numerical skills
- Computer literacy